Modifications Attorney in Buffalo

When It’s Time for Family Law Terms to Change

If you have already gone through a divorce, child custody agreement, or another family law matter and are seeking a modification to the terms that were set, we may be able to help. Family dynamics often change, and it isn’t uncommon for divorced individuals or families to require modifications to set legal agreements to reflect those changes. Regulations set by either you, your former spouse or by the court may no longer apply to your current situation. Circumstances change over the years and what made sense at the time may not be the best choice for your family now. Speak with Attorney Gina Marie DePrima, Esq. about your options.

To know more or to schedule a consultation, contact DePrima Law at (716) 638-2633!

Modifications in New York

Modifications can be made after any final family court order. While this can include post-divorce orders, it may also include family legal matters involving children, adoption, visitation, and the like. If you need to make a change to anything falling under court orders, it is imperative that you make these alterations legal rather than trusting the word of your former spouse. If they change their mind or a problem arises, you need a legal backing for the adjustment to be valid.

Common divorce agreements that can be modified include, but are not limited to:

You will need to make a motion to modify the order with the court. These can be done for a number of reasons, but modifications are often pursued when the other party is not adhering to the order that was established. Your child’s other parent may be ignoring custody rights or not paying child support, and legally you may wish to get the court involved.

Some common changes in circumstances that may require a modification include:

  • A parent has become abusive to the child
  • Income has been increased for a spouse receiving child support
  • The parent who is paying support is laid off from their job
  • A spouse that is receiving support gets married
  • A parent with custody is looking to move
  • The needs of the child have changed

Contact Our Experienced Attorney

We are extremely familiar with these types of cases and have successfully represented clients seeking modifications to their divorce terms. We understand that life changes and child support, child custody, or spousal maintenance may also need to change to fit new circumstances.

If you are seeking a modification of your divorce terms, contact us.


Let’s Get Started Together

We Will Guide You Through Each Step of the Process
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.